Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Deirdre the Cook

No, please don't go running for the hills....I just accomplished something that I never thought I would be able to-I made fastnachts for Fat/Shrove Tuesday (depending on how you look at it).

The tradition of going to my grandma's to partake of these yummy doughy delights has gone on ever since I can remember and was probably happening before I was born. However, this year was different-in recent years, my aunts have taken turns helping with the dough since Gram was diagnosed with Parkinson's. This year, I made the dough!! (Yes, the one who could burn water if that were possible.) I am so excited!!

In other news, Megan & Jocelyn will be here in two weeks, and the rest of the fam (aunts, uncles & cousins) will be here a few days after that for my grandma's 75th birthday-it will definitely be a whirlwind of a weekend!

Love you!!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Cute - so glad you were there to help Gram. They were yummy!!!

derek and michelle said...

Congrats. Dough is hard to make, thats awesome. See you soon